Counting Down

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

EKS Speech

On Saturday I gave a speech at Special Olympics in Lawrenceville about Eunice Kennedy Shriver Day. A lot of people came to the event and honored her memory. Here is the story from The Times: http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-21/1285479915138240.xml&coll=5

The day was a lot of fun!

Eunice Kennedy Shriver started Special Olympics in her backyard in 1968!! She was a very special person and I am happy that she started SO.

What do you think about Eunice Kennedy Shriver? Please share your stories on my Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Margo--
    Great post! Making a speech about EKS is something you should be very proud of. It isn't easy talking in front of large crowds! I am very thankful for EKS as I have been a part of S.O. for almost ten years! Our soccer team has extra EKS bracelets from this weekend... I'll try to remember to give one to Miss Kelly Allen ;)

    Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eunice Kennedy Shriver was a remarkable woman! She dedicated her life to advocating for people with disabilities and accomplished many deeds. Her efforts were monumental and paved the way for fully including people with disabilities in society.

    Four years ago I met Eunice Kennedy Shriver when she visited The College of New Jersey. Speaking with her made me proud of my own choices and inspired me to continue to do more.

    Margo-I'm glad that you were part of such an important day! I hope people will celebrate her legacy for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marybeth
    Thank you for writing on my blog! I am very proud to be a special olympics athlete for 10 years too.

    Please check on my blog and I will post every week.

    ReplyDelete